Rules - Nelson Whakatū Menzshed
25 July 2018
1. All members must read and sign the Health and Safety policy prior to working in the workshop and have a duty of care to fellow members and visitors.
2. There must be a minimum of two members on site at all times during hours of operation.
3. Each member must sign in when arriving and sign out when leaving the building.
4. Name badges must be worn in the building.
5. Safety clothing (ear muffs, eye protection, enclosed footwear etc.) must be worn or used in the workshop when operating machinery at all times.
6. Machinery or equipment must not be operated unless the member is trained and competent on that particular piece of equipment.
7. Any damage or accident must be reported to the Supervisor/Duty Safety Officer immediately and recorded in the incident register.
8. Smoking and alcohol are prohibited in the building. Any person believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs of any kind that is deemed to make them unsafe will be asked to leave immediately.
9. Any machinery must only be operated between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm within the prescribed facilities or area.
10. Security is your responsibility, the last person leaving must ensure that the building is vacated and securely locked.
11. Personal materials or items left on the premises are the members’ sole responsibility.
12. All welding and hot work must cease and be cooled down 30 minutes prior to the building being vacated and locked.
13. Members must have dues up to date to use any equipment and the facilities.
14. Members are not to work on projects for personal commercial gain.
15. Each area of use must be swept and cleaned after use by each operator.
16. All hand tools must be placed in designated spots after use and left in clean, tidy and useable condition.
17. Members wishing to work on personal projects with a footprint larger than 3 square meters must book space with the Workshop Coordinator prior to commencement.
18. The Supervisor/Duty Safety Officer has the the power of veto on any activities within shed premises or shed activities without any debate.